There are very few things more enjoyable to eat than a good rib eye. In your best Harry Carry … Ho-ly Cow! This is the easiest application for a great, tender steak with an amazing Grand Slam Seasoning crust. Here’s what you do:
- 1 boneless rib eye steak (1-1/2″ thick)
- Canola oil to coat
- Seven Seasonings’ Grand Slam seasoning
- Place 10-12″ cast iron skillet in oven and heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Bring steak(s) to room temperature.
- Coat steak lightly with oil and season both sides generously with Grand Slam Seasoning.
- When oven reaches temperature, remove skillet (USE POTHOLDER OR GLOVES – it will be hot) and place on range over high heat.
- Immediately place steak in the middle of hot, dry pan.
- Cook for 30 seconds without moving.
- Turn with tongs and cook another 30 seconds, then put straight into the oven for 3 minutes.
- Flip the steak and cook for another 3 minutes.
- (This time is for Medium steaks. If you prefer more or less done, add or remove 1 minute either way)
- Remove steak from pan, cover loosely with foil and rest for 2 minutes.
- Serve whole or slice thin and fan onto plate.